The Seward Concert Band welcomes our friends and neighbors to celebrate the energy of the changing seasons with our 2018 season finale series. This June, we’ll be playing pieces that bring out the energy of the early summer and celebrate community.
Join us for our formal concert to close the season on Friday, June 1st at the Sanford Middle School auditorium in Minneapolis. Our performance begins at 7:30 PM in the auditorium. Suggested donations are $6 for adults, $5 for seniors and $4 students and children.
The band is also performing at the Minnehaha Falls Bandshell on Wednesday, June 6 at 7 pm. Bring the whole family for a beautiful evening outdoors with great music and company.
In addition, the Seward Concert Band will continue the tradition of providing music of remembrance and celebration of our nation at the Pioneers & Soldiers Cemetery on Memorial Day. The music will begin at 9:40 am with the ceremony beginning at 10.
- Star Spangled Banner by Francis Scott Key
- Liberty Bell March by John Philip Sousa
- Yankee Doodle by Morton Gould
- Highlights from the Sound of Music by Richard Rodgers
- Amazing Grace by FrankTicheli
- Dance the Joy Aliveby Nicole Piunno
- Suite of Old American Dances by Robert Bennett
- Porgy and Bess Melody by George Gershwin
- Armed Forces Salute by Robert Lowden
- America the Beautiful by Samuel Augustus Ward
- God Bless America by Irving Berlin
- Hands Across the Sea by John Philip Sousa
- Stars and Stripes Forever by John Philip Sousa
(Note, not all pieces will be played at the Memorial Day performance.)