|Date: Thursday September 14, 2017||Time: 7:00 pm – 8:50 pm|
|Add to Google Calendar||Add with iCal|
We meet weekly to practice our music together. We will begin rehearsing at 6:50, so please arrive early enough to be ready to play at that time.
The doors of the school lock from the outside at 7:10, so please make arrangements with another player to let you in if you need to be significantly late. The doors completely lock at 9pm, so we end rehearsal early enough for everyone to be out by that time. Please help with take down after your instrument is away.
Changes in the published schedule will be announced at rehearsals. Unplanned cancellations such as severe weather, etc., will be communicated via email.
- Please avoid perfumes, colognes, etc. Our space is somewhat confined, and those who are allergic will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
- There will be a 5-15 minute break midway through the rehearsal, including announcements. Have treat, chat with friends, us the restroom, stretch, practice, whatever. But, be back in place and ready to play within 15 minutes. Be sure to sign up to bring treats.
- If you must miss a rehearsal, please email the conductor and a section mate as far in advance as possible. Please make an effort to get your folder to a fellow band member, so the music is available to others.
Sanford Middle School
3524 42nd Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55406
Enter through door 4, labeled as the “Main Door”. Door 4 is on the west side of the building, facing 41st Avenue South. It is on the south end of the parking lot, next to the bike racks.
From Door 4, go up the stairs to your left (behind the welcome desk) to the second floor. The band room is down the ramp to the left (about 30 feet from the stairs).
For elevator access, go past the welcome desk into the main hallway. The elevator is on the right, just past the main office. When you get out of the elevator, turn left and then head down the hallway until you see the ramp, which will be on the right.
Parking and Transit
For most rehearsals, the school’s parking lot will have plenty of spaces for us. If the lot is ever full, here are good places to look in the neighborhood:
- 41st and 42nd Avenues – You can park on both sides when school is not in session.
- 36th Street – You can park on both sides when school is not in session.
- 35th Street – You can park on the south side of the street.
- There are bike racks outside the main door, and the school is on the 9 bus route.