|Date: Friday March 24, 2017||Time: 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Add to Google Calendar||Add with iCal|
The Seward Concert Band invites you to our 2017 Spring Concert on Friday, March 24 at 7:30 PM. Join us at Washburn High School in Minneapolis. Our performance begins at 7:30 PM in the auditorium. Suggested donations are $6 for adults, $5 for seniors and $4 students and children.
Join us for a program that includes pieces spanning from classical to modern and serious to humorous. The evening will include ringing in spring with one of the band’s favorite pieces from Alfred Reed, and we will charm the audience with the unlikely duet of a tuba and a piccolo in the Elephant and the Fly. We hope to see you there!
- Prelude, Siciliano, and Rondo by Malcolm Arnold
- If Thou Be Near by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Children’s March: “Over the hills and far away” by Percy Aldridge Grainger
- Concord Village by Charles Ives
- The Elephant and the Fly by H. King
- Hold this Boy and Listen by Carter Pann
- The Hounds of Spring by Alfred Reed
- Slaughter on Tenth Avenue by Richard Rodgers
- Foshay Tower Washington Memorial March by John Philip Sousa
Washburn High School
201 W 49th St
Minneapolis, MN 55419
Our rehearsals are in the band room. You’ll find us most easily if you park on the southwest corner of the building and enter through door 8.
We perform in the auditorium.