Even though we can’t meet in person right now, it doesn’t mean we can’t play together. We’re going to do a virtual mash up of Syncopated Clock.
Things You Will Need
- Sheet Music – Either view the music on a computer or print it and have it on a music stand. You can download the music here (in PDF)
- Metronome or Device (computer, iPad, phone) that can view a video of me conducting with a metronome playing in the background.
- Recording device (Phone, Computer with camera and microphone)
Play this video when you rehearse and record:
Virtual Recording & Rehearsal Instructions
- Do not just try and play it through one or two takes. The quality of our final product depends greatly on the quality of each individual product.
- Set up a quiet place to record yourself. Plug your headphones into the metronome or device that is playing the conducting video with a steady beat.
- It is important that you listen to the metronome through headphones so the metronome clicking does not get recorded with your audio. Set metronomes to 126 bpm.
- Start the recording.
- Make sure your recording device is capturing video horizontally (landscape mode – sideways, not upright) and make sure you are in the center of the video, not too close, but not too far away. Record the whole piece starting at the beginning and counting through your rests.
- Review the recording
- Make certain it is of the quality that you want to submit.
Uploading Your Video(s)
We have created a form that makes uploading the files easy. Just click here and you can easily upload the video. Note that it may take a few minutes to upload some videos.
If you have any troubles uploading the file using this form, just email email@example.com and share the sorts of challenges that you are having.
Those with larger files may need to upload directly to our Google Drive. You will need to log in with a Gmail address to use this option.
We’re very excited to try out our first virtual rehearsal and performance with all of you.
We hope everyone takes some time to practice this and get a good video to share. Please upload your video by Saturday, October 31, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like additional time. Please also reach out if you have any questions as you work through this music or the upload process.