COVID Preparedness Statement
In order to ensure the safest possible environment for our members to rehearse and perform, adhere to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) & College Band Directors National Association (CBDNA), and National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) recommendations and guidelines of Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS), the board, musical director and our performers will adhere to the following guidelines:
The board will:
- Confirm that our rehearsal venue will have enhanced ventilation.
- Make PPE available to our performers.
- Will attempt to make rehearsal streams available.
- Will track attendance and create a formal seating chart to assist in any contact tracing efforts by health officials.
- Review and revise these protocols as the situation evolves and at every board meeting.
- Notify our performance and rehearsal venues if a performer has tested positive for Covid-19.
Our Music Director will:
- Structure rehearsals to conform to the recommendations of Sanford Middle School for proper ventilation.
We require our performers to:
- Please not attend rehearsal if you are sick.
- Get a Covid-19 vaccine and any other vaccines deemed important by federal, state or local officials in controlling outbreaks of communicable disease. Be prepared to show proof of your vaccination status.
- Wear PPE in the form of a mask when not playing.
- Have a sanitary means of spit disposal using disposable pads or a towel only you will touch and keep sanitary. The board will have a supply of disposable pads for this purpose.
- Discontinue the tradition of our snack breaks during each rehearsal and the afterglow at the end of our performances until further notice.
- Notify your section leader or board member if you test positive for COVID-19 or any other communicable disease declared a pandemic or local epidemic.
- Upon exposure to anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19, follow all guidance from federal, state, local and district officials about quarantine procedures.
In the event of non-compliance:
- We will ask the non-compliant party not to attend any rehearsals or performances until they are able to adhere to these requirements.
- Any refusal to disclose vaccination status will be considered a negative response.
- Any refusal to adhere to protocols and/or vacate the premises will result in rehearsal being cancelled.
- Protect Yourself & Others: COVID-19 – Minnesota Dept. of Health (state.mn.us)
- Sanford Middle School Covid-19 News
- Minneapolis Public Schools Covid Response Plan
- City of Minneapolis Covid-19 Resources
- CBDNA/NFHS Recommendations
- CDC Recommendations for the Vaccinated