Join the Seward Concert Band as we close our 2018-2019 season, “Emotional Responses”. The repertoire for our 2018-2019 finale series is a tribute to concert band classics and patriotic favorites as well as to those who have served, those who have sacrificed and those to were lost.
Join us for our formal concert to close the season on Friday, May 24th at the Sanford Middle School auditorium in Minneapolis. Our performance begins at 7:30 PM in the auditorium. Suggested donations are $6 for adults, $5 for seniors and $4 students and children.
The Seward Concert Band will also return to provide music of remembrance and celebration of our nation at the Pioneers & Soldiers Cemetery on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27. The music will begin at 9:40 am with the ceremony beginning at 10.
We will then conclude our season with a free performance in Hopkins on Saturday, June 8. We will be playing pieces from our “Emotional Responses” concert as well as some of our Memorial Day pieces. Bring a lawn chair or a beach blanket and enjoy the lovely space!
- Fairest of the Fair March by John Philip Sousa
- A Song of Hope by Jack Stamp, in memory of Sandy Hook Victims
- First Suite in E Flat for Military Band by Gustav Holst
- Variations on a Korean Folk Song by John Chance
- Hymn to the Fallen by John Williams
- Armed Forces Salute arranged by Robert Lowden
- America the Beautiful by Samuel Augustus Ward
- God Bless America by Irving Berlin
- Stars and Stripes Forever by John Philip Sousa
The program will also feature a collection of pieces by a small ensemble of Seward Concert Band performers.