As excited as the board is to return to rehearsals for the 2021-2022 season, we can’t have this conversation without discussing the protocols put in place by the Seward Concert Band Board of Directors.
We, unfortunately cannot completely eliminate the risk from COVID-19, but what we hope to achieve is to minimize the potential impact from the pandemic in our community, while still allowing the band to focus on what it loves to do, making music.
That being said, here is what to expect if you choose to return to rehearsals for the 2021-2022 season.
- We are rehearsing in the band room of Sanford Middle School in Minneapolis. (Click for directions and details.)
- When entering the building please wear your mask. MPS is requiring all visitors wear a mask in school buildings. If you do not have a performance mask or one with a slit, it can be worn around the chin while playing, but must cover your nose and mouth when not playing.
- Someone will greet you in front of the band room, and take attendance. Please have your proof of vaccination ready. A vaccine card, a picture of your vaccine card (front and back) on a digital device, or a digital vaccine passport are all acceptable proof. We will not provide exceptions to this, please do not forget. Please contact us if you have some other proof that you’d like us to consider
- In the band room we will have band covers, masks and dog pads (for brass performance moisture, if you have other PPE that you wish to use instead of what the band has provided, feel free to use it. But know face masks/face shields (for flutes), bell covers are required and no exceptions can be given.
- We’ll be taking more frequent breaks to allow the filtration to clear the air. Please social distance in the hallway while wearing your mask.
- Because of the timing of the breaks, please only play as an ensemble (refrain from noodling before rehearsal) this will allow everyone to have more time to play together.
Rehearsal and Performance Dates
Use these links to learn more about our upcoming performances, rehearsals, and keep track of us in general:
- First Rehearsal of 2021-2022 Season: Thursday, September 9 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Sanford Middle School, 3524 42nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55406, USA See more details
- Twin Cities Marathon: Saturday, October 02 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am
East Lake Street & West River Parkway, E Lake St & W River Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55406, USA See more details
- Tentative: Fall Concert: Friday, November 12 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
TBD See more details
- Subscribe to our Rehearsal Calendar
- Subscribe to our Performance Calendar